Thursday 30 August 2012

Fall 2012: TIFF, Fashion, and Fitness

Hi Friends,

It's been a while and I'm a little off my blogging game so forgive me. I'm not going to promise this sort of hiatus won't happen again, because it likely will, but I'm here now so lets make the most of it!

Although it pains me to say it, summer is sadly coming to an end. Time is going by much to fast. I do not like it at all. That being said, I had an amazing summer! I hope you guys did too.

So now that it is, dare I say it.....fall, here are the things I am excited about (in order of importance)
  1. My BIRTHDAY (the big 2-4, yikes)
  2. TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)
  3. Thanksgiving
  4. Fall Collections
  5. Fab New Fitness Kick (should probably be #2 but let's be honest here)
So, this year for my 24th, I've decided I want to spend the weekend in Montreal with my best girls. I am in love with Montreal. The atmosphere is amazing, the food is second to none, shopping is fab, and the nightlife is super fun. I have been to the city for one night a few times, and have found I never had enough time to really take it in, so this will be my time. Montreal you will be mine!

TIFF this year promises to be absolutely fantastic. The movies look unreal (Argo especially), and the list of celebs attending is also very impressive. I have heard whispers that George Clooney, Ryan Gossling, Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, Colin Farrell, Will Smith, and Dennis Quaid will be here in Toronto. I think you see where I'm going here ladies. This year is going to be sizzling. So make sure you make a point to spend a night or two out in Toronto between September 6th and September 16th to increase your chances of a run in with your fave celeb. For a list of spots you are most likely to run into your celebrity soul mate go to;

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/hype/tiff-talk/2010/09/07/the-75-must-know-tiff-hot-spots/

Thanksgiving = family, friends, amazing food, and football!

Fall is an amazing time for fashion. Have a look at these collections and tell me I'm wrong.....


Kanye West
Kanye West Paris Fashion Week Fall 2012
Kanye West Paris Fashion Week Fall 2012
Armani
Giorgio Armani Runway Fall 2012
 Givenchy
Givenchy Fall RTW 2012
Chanel
Amazing....I know.
Keep an eye out for a more wearable fall fashion post in the near future.

Finally, I think Fall is the perfect time to get into a new fitness routine. The excuse of  "whatever, it's summer" can no longer be used. If you are like me, and took the summer as a vacation from your fitness routine (oops), I suggest easing back into things with Gillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. You really have no excuse not to try it. It is a 30 min, fully body, comprehensive workout that includes strength,cardio, and abs. And the best part is, it is designed to be done in the comfort of your own home! All you need is a yoga mat and 5-10 pound hand weights. If you don't want to spend the whole $12 dollars on the DVD without trying it first, hit up Youtube! She has some videos on there you can test out first. Don't be deceived, this workout makes you sweat. Word to the wise, start at level 1.


Here is a link to get you started
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

XO

Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment